Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Tag Marathon 2: The Procrastinator!

I've been tagged quite a bit by some very nice bloggers out there and I've been once again (what else is new with me) sitting on it for ages. I think soon, all these wonderful bloggers are gonna get utterly fed up of tagging me so today since I've got a free first half of the day, I'm gonna do another tag marathon and try to post as much of the tags as I possibly can.

In fact some of the tags have been lying around in wait for so long that I've actually forgotten who tagged me, so before actually writing this post, I went and checked all those who tagged me and I'd like to apologize to to Ann 0f A Nice Place In The Sun, who awarded me the inspirational blogger award and I've yet to award anyone back, Marzie of Mariuca's Perfume Gallery who invited me to join the feed train, Adrian of First Time Dad and Seiche, who tagged me back to reveal the face behind the blog (thanks so much guys, looks like I can't hide! LOL!), Barrett of HumaB who tagged me for 10 questions and last but not least Jean of A Great Pleasure who tagged me today for the food meme. And to anyone else I may have forgotten, please accept my most humblest of apologies, k? This pea sized brain of mine can't really remember things for too long ... LOL. So, here goes in no particular order.


Tag Number One: The Feed Train
Marzie, once long ago, in a galaxy far, far away invited me to join her on the feed train and I'd better get on it now or the train is gonna leave me way behind. The idea of this train is to get more subscribers to your blog. For more detailed info on how to get on the train, visit Marzie's blog (see, I've got more subscribers going to your page from my laziness already ... LOL)

#Start copy here#

The idea is simple: You want readers and you want link backs too because that’s all us bloggers want.

How does it work? Simple! Just copy the list down below on your blog, hence creating link backs for your blogging friends and then click the RSS feed link to subscribe to all of them. Then you add yourself and up to 5 other bloggers and their feeds to the list before you publish it on your own blog. Show your friends some link love :) Just imagine if just 10 people would do this and then 10 more after them. That would get your blog 100 extra link backs and 100 extra feed subscribers!

Feed List
Subscribe to A Nice Place In The Sun
Subscribe to A Cowboy’s Wife
Subscribe to Mariuca’s Perfume Gallery
Subscribe to I thought, therefore i blog
Subscribe to Make Money Online
Subscribe to Cman’s Money Page
Subscribe to Million Dollar Portfolio
Subscribe to Unknown Namespace
Subscribe to Desty Online
Subscribe to Blogigs
Subscribe to Make$Money$
Subscribe to Slyvisions: Online Tips, Tricks,and Tools
Subscribe to BlogoZine
Subscribe to The Prize Blog
Subscribe to PolliWogsPond
Subscribe to My Journey to One Million Dollars
Subscribe to JulieAnneBonner
Subscribe to UglyMailbox
Subscribe to Vincent Chow dot Net
Subscribe to RevieWOW
Subscribe to TheInternetExperiment
Subscribe to Comedy Plus
Subscribe to Twisted Sister Totally Pissed Off
Subscribe to First Time Dad
Subscribe to Mad Goat Lady
Subscribe to Little Aussie Cynic
Subscribe to hintofpoetry
Subscribe to Carols Place For Peace
Subscribe to Momma Mia Mea Culpa
Subscribe to What Floats My Boat
Subscribe to Kellementology
Subscribe to Rocky Mountain Retreat
Subscribe to ……why paisley????
Subscribe to Thoughts-N-Wonders
Subscribe to Make Money Online The Quick and Easy Way
Subscribe to Kissing The Dogwood
Subscribe to bluejar.com
Subscribe to AdSense Tracker
Subscribe to Shaun Low
Subscribe to SiteFever.com
Subscribe to Bloggrrl
Subscribe to Arsenal Marketing
Subscribe to Family WebWatch
Subscribe to Blogging Tips
Subscribe to Pink Internet Marketing
Subscribe to Bush Mackel
Subscribe to TechCorner
Subscribe to Listikal
Subscribe to Jason’s Random Thoughts
Subscribe to Bleneral dot Com
Subscribe to Chatsquatch.net
Subscribe to Manila Mom
Subscribe to Personal Finance
Subscribe to 40Hourstogo
Subscribe to Mad Goat Lady
Subscribe to Little Aussie Cynic
Subscribe to hintofpoetry
Subscribe to …And Miles To Go Before We Sleep…
Subscribe to Aaron Cook Dotcom
Subscribe to DisjointedIntelligence
Subscribe to Wannabewino
Subscribe to You Can’t Coach That
Subscribe to Untwisted Vortex
Subscribe to Woman: God’s Masterpiece
Subscribe to This is a Miracle
Subscribe to Another Point of View
Subscribe to Emila’s Illustrated Blog

If your name is already in the list and I've added it again, please let me know, ya? Ok, now that that's done, on to the next tag.


Tag Number Two: 10 Questions For Nick Phillips. Barrett of HumaB tagged me to participate in this questionnaire. Ten questions, five answers, tag five people. Instructions: Remove the blog from the top, move all blogs up one, and then add yourself to the bottom.

Homespun Honolulu, Who’s Yo Mama, Life in the Fast Lane, Life is Murphy’s Law, Huma B~ and Anything Goes!<--(that’s me!)

1. What were you doing ten years ago?

  • For the life of me I seriously can't remember!
  • Can't recall.
  • Urmm, no idea.
  • Let me see ...
  • Too long ago to think back ....

2. What were you doing 1 year ago?

  • Working and suffering my @ss off working on the National Day parade float for a client of mine. A nasty one at that!!!
  • Nothing really significant.

3. What are five snacks you enjoy?

  • Peanuts
  • Muruku (somebody please help me with explaining what this is, please, please, pretty please ...)
  • More Peanuts
  • Blue Cheese (is that even considered a snack?)
  • Mentos (the new sourz flavour)

4. What are five songs you know the lyrics to?

  • Hotel California - The Eagles (My all time great)
  • Year of The Cat - Al Stewart
  • Honesty - Billy Joel
  • Andainya Aku Pergi Dulu -Alleycats (local Favourite)
  • Emosi - Sheila Majid

5. Five Things You Would Do If You Were A Millionaire:

  • Quit my job!
  • Sleep all day.
  • Go on a gadget shopping spree.
  • Share some money with my buddy so we could both quit our jobs and hang out all day. LOL!
  • Save whatever else that's remaining. (hey, it's only a million, mind you!)

6. Five Bad Habits:

  • Lazy.
  • Procrastinator.
  • Too accommodating. (people tend to take advantage of me)
  • Lazy.
  • Lazy. (says a lot doesn't it ... LOL!)

7. Five Things You Like To Do:

  • Sleeping.
  • Reading.
  • Running.
  • Blogging. (ok, I know, I'm an addict already, honey! ... hehehe ...)
  • Eating.

8. Five Things You Would Never Wear:

  • Baggy pants (those really baggy ones)
  • Silk shirts or anything associated with silk.
  • Earrings.
  • Tuxedo. (not unless I want to impersonate a penguin)
  • Tight T-shirts.

9. Five Favorite Toys:

  • Cell Phone.
  • My Power Drill.
  • My Running shoes.
  • My Star Trek Collectors Cards.
  • Urmm, that's all.

10. Five Things You Hate To Do:

  • Work!
  • Cut my fingernails.
  • Shave.
  • Pay Bills.
  • Washing the dishes. (hehehe ... sorry honey!)

There you go, now to tag these five to find out 10 questions about them :) And the winners are:


Tag Number Three: Inspirational Blogger Award. I'd like to thank Ann for giving me the award in the first place though I seriously didn't know I was inspirational in any way, but it sure feels good to get it :) And in turn, I'd like to award these exceptional (well, there are lots more of you but I'm allowed only 5) people with the Inspirational Blogger Award.
  • Nessa of Mumblings for her daily dose of warm hearted, factual, humorous and fun postings.
  • Adrian of First Time Dad for his cool sense of humor (and the fact he's my good buddy)
  • Janice of This Is A Miracle for her daily updates on the life and times of her growing boys.
  • Cindy of Foreign Beauty for her quirky and funny stories on food, shopping and life in general.
  • Hui Sen of Brain Spillage for his very real take on life.
Guys, you have been an inspiration. Now go award this to your 5 inspirational bloggers out there!


Tag Number Four: The Food Meme. Just this morning I was tagged by Jean Chia of A Great Pleasure to do this food meme. I'm supposed to list 5 great places to eat. I actually have quite a few but I'm only allowed 5 so I'm going to toe the line otherwise I might just anger the meme gods and I wouldn't want that to happen now, would I? :) Ok, these are places that I normally eat at (and they're just simple food) and it might not appeal to many, but hey, it's my food meme ... hehehe ...

Rojak Mee @ The USJ Roadside Mobile Van Opposite My House.
This Indian Muslim stall serves a great and generous helping of Rojak Mee (a mixture of noodles, fried flour, squid, cucumber shreds plus thick, spicy peanut sauce) with all the works at only RM3.50, accompanied with a nice bowl of cendol (a bowl of shaved ice with brown sweet syrup, coconut milk, sweet corn & kidney beans). I usually frequent this place on Saturday afternoons with the wife.

Fried Kuey Teow @ Old Town PJ.
This stall introduced by my good buddy Adrian, serves a mean plate of fried kuey teow that's simply not to be missed. The only drawback is you have to wait quite a while for it to be served. But it's worth the wait!



Sri Paandi Banana Leaf Restaurant @ Section 11, PJ.
This restaurant serves well, I would say one of the best banana leaf rice around. Great atmosphere, great variety of food choices to go along with your banana leaf rice. Used to frequent this place daily with my good buddy to the point we were like VIP guests over there ... hehehe ... even the owner of the restaurant knew us and gave us preferential service. Haven't been there in a while though.


Beef Ball Noodles In KL
(I forgot the address but its near Kota Raya - Buddy help me out here). Another place originally introduce to me by my buddy Adrian (gee, you sure know all them good food places, huh, dude). They serve this mouth watering bowl of beef ball noodles top with this generous amount of minced meat, which I cannot describe the taste until you try it yourself :)

Well, that's my humble list of great food places or rather places that I normally frequent. Forgive the horrible review, cos for the life of me I'll never make it as a food critic! And now I seek to find out these five bloggers Adrian (yes, you buddy), Barrett, Ann Clemons, Janice & Jennifer's favourite food places. As usual, every meme must end with a tag.

Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas[ish], Texas, United States)
Todd (Louisville, Kentucky, United States)
miss kendra (los angeles,california, u.s.a)
Jiggs Casey (Berkeley, CA, USA)
Tits McGee (New England, USA)
Joe (NE Tennessee, USA)
10K Monkeys (Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA)
Big Stupid Tommy (Athens, Tennessee, USA)
Newscoma (Weakley County, Tennessee, USA)
Russ McBee (Knoxville, Tennessee, USA)
Atomictumor Mrs Eaves (Oak Ridge, Tennessee, USA)
Oh Really? LissaKay (Oak Ridge, TN, USA)
Mark Steel (Knoxville, TN, USA)
Fracas (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada)
Sugar Queen’s Dream( Palm Coast, Florida,USA)
Christy’s Coffee Break (Ontario, Canada)
Ordinary Folk (Nowheresville, NY)
Mariuca (Malaysia)
This is a miracle (Singapore)
Emila’s Illustrated Blog (Malaysia)
Revellian (Mississippi Gulf Coast)
A Great Pleasure (Malaysia)
Anything Goes! (Malaysia)


Number Five: The Face Behind The Blog. This is the final tag I have to do which I actually have done before. I'm supposed to reveal the face behind the blog and since I put a fake picture in the earlier tag, I'll honour these two guys Adrian and Seiche who tagged me back and put my pix up on my blog. But not right now. I'm in the midst of finding one that won't shock the world, so hang in there guys and I promise you my pix will be up soon :)

Phew, that took me almost all day. That will teach me a lesson not to sit on tags for too long. Anyway, Thanx to all you guys and gals out there who tagged me and hopefully I've done all the tags, if I've forgotten any, please do give me a buzz and I'll do your tag right away :)

33 comments:

  1. ZOMG.. did you just gave me an award?!!

    YAY!!!! I'm so shy oledi... :P

    Thank you, Nick! Will accept that award after I get dressed in my most glamorous outfit! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Nick! Thats ALOT of tags - and ALOT of tagging :) How do you keep up with all these blogs? You must be a speed reader!
    Heres hoping youre all caught up now and can deserve some well earned time off tags lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh tagged again for the millionth time... die, die, die ahhh.... :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muruku? That's 'Moo Rue Coo' in english'... wahahaha... Just kidding:) Maybe it's Indian crackers??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nick, you must be the "most tagged" blogger out there :)

    And to add,,,,,, You are now the lucky recipient of The Inspirational Blogger Award. Please feel free to drop by and pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thats a meme! I subscribed to all on the feed train already I'll have to visit many who arent doing that! I am a member of your community but my icon is not listed. That is weird. Can you see my icon in your community? (Not contacts)Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nick! Wow.... that's a lot of tags! Yay, your'e on the train now :):)

    Thanks for tagging me on the 10 things! Looks like I'll be busy with more tags to do ;)

    U know the lyrics of Emosi? Wow... actually I like that song, hubbs is Sheila's biggest fan!

    And ur rojak mee looks divine. Do u like the rojak at SS15 SJ, the one with the long queue every time I go there?....It's yummy too! And there's a cendol stall next to it too! U and Adrian are making me hungry with all your yummy pics!

    PS.. Did u also lug around a camera to take the pics? Ha ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nick : Thanks for this wonderful post. It sure takes up a lot of your time to do that to do all those tag. You just reminded me that I have yet to do Huma's tag on the 10 things. That will add on to my existing tags now... LOL :)

    I am honoured that you have passed on the inspirational award to me. I am really speechless. Thanks Nick :D

    Welcome to the Chay Kuay Teow community. We have members : Marzie, Jean, Adrian, you & me now.... LOLz :)

    Cant wait to see the 'actual' Nick... waiting for your exposal post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buddy Thanks for the food tag...but I just put mine up today too! And guess hwat I tagged you too on it! LOL Nevermind I'll give you mention for it too...Dei you forgot to say that I introduced you to Sri Paandi too LOL Looks like I've introduced you to all the best places huh! :) What to do we love to eat! :)

    Dude thanks for the Inspirational blogger award! Wow coming from the guy who introduced me to blogging is indeed an honor! Cheers man and lets go for beef ball one of these days! It's been too long! :)

    Congrats to all the other recipients!

    Cheers!

    PS And Marzie! Enuf with the camera wisecracks okay LOL I get the "picture" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindy, you shy? doesn't seem like it from you blog. LOL! Oh btw, I've arranged for the limo to pick you up to accept your award. LOL!

    Lavender, yeah, that was a whole lot of tags to clear. At least now I'm tag free for the moment ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nessa, For the millionth time? So, whats a few million more tags, huh LOL! After all, you're my favourite blogger :) So be prepared for a few more million tags, k? Muahahahahahaha ....

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweetiepie, 'Moo Rue Coo'? you're a big help, sweetiepie. LOL! I don't think its classified as Indian crackers, it doesn't resemble crackers at all. Hmmm, now you've made me wanna surf the net and go find the 'scientific' name for Muruku ... hahahaha!

    Sharon, not the most tagged, the most laziest. LOL! Thanks for the award. Now I can rub shoulders with the rich and famous ... LOL!

    Bobby - will check and see if your icon is okay. Didn't realize there was a problem at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marzie, I'm a huge fan of Sheila Majid. Used to watch her rehearse those days when I was with an event company :)

    Haven't tried the SS15 one cos I hate to line up. I'm sure it's great. will try it one day.

    ps. I'm like you, I cheated and stole the pix from the net ... LOL!

    Janice - It took me the better half of the day to finish the post! Phew! Long live the Chay Kuay Teow community! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adrian, sorry bud, forgot to credit you for Paandi's ... It can be stressful doing a tag marathon you know, especially with my level of brain activity ... LOL!

    Let's rephrase that, we USED to love to eat, now with our health conscious lifestyle, that has taken a serious backseat ... siggghhhh ...

    Beef ball sounds mighty fine with me Buddy :) I can imagine the taste already ... LOL!

    ps. you mean you lugged a camera around taking pictures of food??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey thanks for the link back, join your local monkey subscribe :D !! we did!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jeez. This is quite the meme marathon here. I'm swearing off on these things for a while...Hopefully those who've tagged you will take pity from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mahdi, what link back?

    Kellypea, urmm, yeah, hopefully but I doubt it ... LOL! Thanx for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow nick! this must have taken alot of your time! You're like FLASH man! LOL!

    nyway, thanks for the tagged! I am only peeping in from my work, havent really read your post, so i'll be back again tonight for a thorough reading. :) oh, sri paandi banana leaf rice is one of my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. he-he-he, you are funny Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wahlau - Yeah it sure is a very long list. Thanx for dropping by ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. ow long did it really take you to actually complete all those tags? I would have gone completely bonkers if I was tagged that much and what more this being the second tag marathon you've done. If they make this an Olympic event, you'd win hands down Mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jean, It took me almost an entire day to complete. At least all my tags are done for now ... phew!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sharon, me funny? whatever gave you that idea ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous, I spend almost the whole day getting this done. Was almost bonkers doing it but a man's got to do what a man's got to do. LOL! Let me know when they do make this an Olympic event, ya. Thanks for dropping by, mate!

    ReplyDelete
  25. he he glad to see you haven't post your pic yet. seems I'm still safe at the moment :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha, i still hv few tags to do, and im doing all these one by one. You're superb! thanks for your participation. ^^ you're now on my moo linkies love list, i've subscribed to you. :)

    i love sheila masjid. She's the first singer i love, second is Ning Baizura.

    wow, i love your food list. all looks so yummy. i should hv eaten something first, now my stomach is growling. :P
    Hmmm. i think i know where's the beef ball noodle in KL. that's my dad's favourite too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Joe, Cool buddy, at least I'm not the only one trying to delay the inevitable :D

    Jean, Subscribe? You mean I have to subscribe to everyone on the moo list? Oh man, and I thot my work was done. LOL! The beef ball noodle is in Jalan silang (according to Adrian).

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just stumbled on you blog..and I couldn't stop reading..
    I clicked on these food images in your post and even though it's 2:30am..I'm having a craving for Indian food. Ha!
    I'm subscribing to your feed..for sure. :)

    kat

    ReplyDelete
  29. Firstly thanks for doing the tag...Hope you enjoyed it......will be putting you on the update list...if you know of anyone else doing the tag feel free to message me and I’ll add them on the updated list

    I think I’ve tried the rojak mee and cendol from those vans around USJ/subang before...those are like super yummy men!! Nothing beats squatting down at the side of the road for those....Sti Paandi banana leaf restaurant is good too...wish I can go back there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Kat, Thanx for subscribing :) Well, I went and satisfied my cravings for Indian food by having a banana leaf lunch with the wife on Friday. Welcome to my blog, btw :)

    Nicole, Thanx for dropping by. Sri Paandi is one of the best, I would think.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love murukku! The best description I can think of is that it'a a crispy savoury Indian snack made from flour.

    That reminds me, I'm way behind on all the tag memes...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi there..
    I saw on Technorati that you were a part of Feed Your Feeds train and thought you might be interested in reading about my experience with that kind of viral trains and whether or not it actually works. I'd really appreciate it if you can share your thoughts on the subject. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!