Sunday, October 21, 2007

Boss For A Day ...

Today I got to boss my wife around in her own domain, the kitchen! Oh, what a joyous day it's been ... LOL! To be able to make her do my bidding in the kitchen ... hehehe ... I had some left over minced chicken from yesterday for when I made the boys my Phillips special. The boys claimed I was a genius cos they so loved it :D And this praise given to one who at one time couldn't even boil eggs properly! But that's a posting for another day ... hehehe ...

So, today I asked my wife what to do with the balance and she suggested we make some cutlets for tea. A great cook she may be but she's never tried this dish before and I had some knowledge on cutlet making (yes, yes, it's true). I used to watch my mom make potato and meat cutlets when I was young so I got the chance to bluff, urrmm, impart my cutlet making knowledge on my wife :)

To cut a long story short, check out the pictures below for a chronology of me being head chef ... LOL! Forgive the low resolution image quality, taken with my cell phone camera.

First the potatoes had to be peeled , boiled and mashed ...

The main ingredients being mixed ...

The final mix of the mashed potatoes and minced chicken, tomato bits, spring onions, shallots and shavings of Parmesan cheese mixed together ...

Shaping the cutlets before frying ...

The cutlets waiting patiently to be fried ... (take a number fellas ... LOL!)

The frying process which by this point you could just smell the mouth watering cheese infused cutlets :)

And finally the end product which we ended up sitting outside in our porch with a nice mug of coffee (I'm a coffee addict remember) and tea (my wife's a more refined tea drinker) and our special Parmesan infused cutlets :) Good to eat on its own or dipped in mayo, either way, it was damn bloody tasty!

Only thing is, my wife left the clean up to me ... grooaaannnnn.
.

32 comments:

  1. If they taste as good as they look, I bet they were delicious. I hate these food posts, they always make me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy I love potato anything!!! MmMMMmMm

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha.. i've always enjoyed your post and this was no exception.. those cutlets looks delicious..yummyy...may i have one please :-)

    oh btw.. you're tagged :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick, the cutlets look absolutely yummy and I'm happy to see you so happy in the kitchen.

    What I don't get is why guys think they have to crow so loudly when they manage to do something domestic! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, how am I going to get some of those? Dont tell me I have to cook them myself - ergh, I hate cooking!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooOOOOOoooo..

    That looks delish!! Thanks for the recipe.. are you sure you didn't miss out on any "magic" or "secret" ingredient there?? LOL!

    Well, I'd better give it a try before I pop and am stuck with "confinement" food! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow, they look really yummy!!! Bet they tastes as good as it looks too!

    Thanks for posting this, Nick. Now I have a bit of idea how to make it odi. I've always thought it looked hard to make one.. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gypsy, they tasted pretty good, surprised even myself ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bobo, I love potatoes too, especially if they're mashed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lady Java, glad you enjoy my postings. Unfortunately there weren't a single cutlet left over, the kids and myself finished every single little crumb even ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Micki, it's our only chance at stardom, so we're inclined to really shout out about it and besides, it's not often I get to up the wife on something regarding cooking ... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lavender, you hate cooking? Hmmm, you're the first woman I know who hates cooking ... LOL!The next time my wife and me get adventurous again, we'll send some your way :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shemah, no la, no hidden secret recipes there ... I'm all for sharing my 'recipes' with everyone ... LOL! And yes, go try it before the baby comes :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these look so yummy. Thanks for teaching... I'm gonna make some this weekend. I'm sure my kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cindy, no probs and they did taste pretty good that it was all finished in a jiffy ... LOL! It's pretty easy to make especially when you can instruct someone to do it while you watch ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. BT, oh I'm sure your kids are gonna love it, mine did :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. so you thought you were the boss huh? (LOL) i bet you had a good time with the finished product, looks like i want to try that soon but damn, i have to look up the dictionary just to make sure the other ingredients are available in my area...(LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lord Manila Stone, I'm sure all the ingredients are available, it's nothing country specific, so I'm sure you'll be able to find it all ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dude...after stealing all my cutlets you now tell me you know how to make your own. And worse pretending not to be able to cook....oh wait till I tell Seansy! You in for trouble!

    And they look mighty fine too...so bring some the next time we have a do OR ELSE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's amazing. My mum makes something very similar to that. I've been eating it since time began.

    But I've been too lazy to ask mum.

    Thanks to you, now I can make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yummmy!! Cleaning up is not so bad, Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mmmm, look delicious! I was delighted that you take a turn at cooking up something special. Sorry about the clean up, comes with the territory, at least until the kids are big enough to draft!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mmmmmm, looks so yummy! Mine never turns out right, must try ur recipe! :):):)

    Genie Princess

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adrian, can't help it la, your cutlets are incredibly good la, how can I not resist stealing them whenever I'm at your place ... LOL! If you're good to me I just might bring some the next time we hang out ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hui Sen, when and if you do decide to make some, do send a few mu way, k? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Emila, yeah it's not that bad, but I still hate it ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Josie, I'm into trying to learn to cook nowadays ... hehehe ... and my wife has been a great help in trying to teach me, though I don't always do such a great job ...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Marzie, if it does turn out right, you know where you can send some for sampling now don't you ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  29. tat looks good and not too tough to do . .maybe i can try it out someday :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cbenc12, don't worry, if I can make it, anyone can ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  31. So, you're making char kway teow tomorrow! I wish you success. Maybe I'll try making bergidil!

    ReplyDelete
  32. BT, I sure as hell need all the luck I can get ... LOL! But my wife will be on hand should I make a mess out of things ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!