Thursday, April 17, 2008

Wifey, Me & Tony Roma!

Wifey and me finally had our date yesterday and it didn't start out very well though. After getting the boys ready and sending them off to school and putting away the hdmi cables that I was messing around with earlier, we got ourselves ready to go for the afternoon hi-tea date that we had vouchers for. The hotel wasn't too far from my house, probably a 10 minute drive maximum and we were so excited about our date that we left early. The hi-tea was only supposed to start at around 2.30pm and we were so early that we decided to drive as slow as we could. There I was for the first time in my life hoping there would be heavy traffic on the roads ... LOL!

After crawling around like a snail to the hotel, we finally get there and find out it's held in this place called the Piano Lounge, a sort of open lounge in the hotel lobby. Now, the moment I stepped into the place I start feeling totally uncomfortable. I was even really hesitant to go in but after a little persuasion from wifey, I got ourselves a seat on the couch. I was still hesitant and told wifey I don't feel like having the hi-tea. She gave me this bewildered look and ask me, what's wrong?

There really was nothing wrong, the place though a little open and just too darn close the lobby entrance wasn't all that bad, but I was just uncomfortable. I don't know why it was so. It's not like this is the first time I've been to stuff like this (buddy, remember the time you conned me to attend this Secretaries Hi-tea function once and we were the only 2 guys there? LOL!) but I was totally not myself and I told wifey I don't feel like having the hi-tea here. She was disappointed but we both never insist in doing something neither one of us is uncomfortable with.

So, we walk out of there and I tell wifey that I'm sorry and I'll take her somewhere else where I'll feel much more myself (and no buddy, I didn't take her for banana leaf rice okay ... LOL). I decided to take a drive to a mall near the hotel called Sunway Pyramid. I knew they had some pretty cool restaurants there and I'm sure I'll find something she'll like. After we reach there, park the car, which was a breeze cos it's was a work day. The parking in this place is like impossible on a weekend and I was at least glad for that.

We walk around the place trying to find some other place to eat and they had a quite a few restaurants there that I was spoilt for choice and didn't know which one to pick and the fact that wifey said she doesn't mind eating anywhere made my decision all that much harder ... hehehe ... The first place I wanted to try was TGIF but then I checked the information counter and they had Tony Roma's listed. My buddy Adrian and Marzie has blogged about how great the food is at this place (and he's seldom wrong when it comes to food places) and since I haven't tried it before, I decided to give it a try and I grab wifey and we head towards Tony Roma's.


When we reached there we got seated immediately seeing as how it was a work day and also slightly way past lunch time. The place was pretty quiet with only about 2 or 3 other patrons, just the way I liked it ... hehehe ... We get seated at this nice quiet corner and start looking through the menu. I decided to order the Blue Cheese burger (which was also recommended by both Adrian and Marzie on their blogs) and wifey ordered this urmmm, Garlic Chicken with Rosemary leaves or something like that. The food took a while in coming but I wasn't complaining, after all there I was cozying up in this corner table in a dark little restaurant with some music playing in the background that I couldn't recognize with the love of my life and feeling like a kid on his first date again.


We chatted, messed around by taking some pictures, eaves dropped on this couple a few tables away from us trying to guess their nationality (they were a German and a Filipino by the way, well atleast wifey thought so), made up some conspiracy theories, laughed at the government a little bit and then our food finally came and it sure smelt yummy :D The first thing we did, which was what probably what all bloggers would do was take a picture of our food ... hahaha ... Wifey started digging in first cos my burger took a little while longer to arrive. When I first ordered the burger she looked at me and said, only a burger? You sure honey? I don't think that's going to fill you up but fill me up it did. I could hardly finish my burger when it finally came and I was stuffed like a turkey on thanksgiving by the time I was through with it.


I'm a fan of blue cheese and I must say I wasn't disappointed one bit when my buddy said the blue cheese burgers at Tony Roma's were out of this world. The blue cheese was simple excellent and so darn rich that I had to struggle to finish my meal. I was absolutely satisfied with my meal and I must say it was one of the best dates I've had with wifey in a long time, so much so that I promised her that I'll take a day off from work every month and go do this again with her, just the two of us ... :D And the moment we both got home, we headed straight to bed (now don't get any notty ideas) and took a nice quiet nap together, seeing as how we were both stuffed and it was the best thing to do ... hehehe ...

I'm glad I felt uncomfortable at the hotel cos even though I didn't utilize the free vouchers, I had a great time with wifey and it's made us, well me really, realize that we hardly spent time alone together. It's not easy finding the time when you have kids, especially 2 hyper active boys and so we treasure and cherish every single chance we get to be alone. And if you're reading this, I hope you had a great time too honey cos I know I did :) Looking forward to our next date, babe ;)
.

54 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwhh Nick! That was really romantic. I mean, I know it's kinda normal to have meal out together with your spouse. But the way you just described, I feel like dragging my hubby to Tony Rama. Only if they have one here in KK. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Glad u had a wonderful time with wifey..That's hows your date supposed to be..

    "It's not easy finding the time when you have kids, especially 2 hyper active boys and so we treasure and cherish every single chance we get to be alone."

    Fuh!! I totally understand what you mean here..My two kids also rarely give me & hubby chances to be alone. So ya!! Cherish the 'alone moment' while we can..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food looks yummy! Glad you and wifey enjoyed every moment of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww... that's so sweet!! I'm glad you both finally had time to enjoy your splendid date! I haven't tried Tony Roma's yet.. Maybe I should considering how Rafiq is such a burger person! Oh ya, what was the price like? Reasonable or not? Oh, and how was the chicken?? And how vast is the menu cuz Friday's isn't really that great. Sorry.. so many questions.. hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously though you really need to talk to my husband! His idea of a "date" is watching a TV show together. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a lovely post to read.
    You're lucky to have each other, and so nice to hear that you take time out for just the two of you. Many couples forget this, or just don't bother!

    For the record, blue cheese is my favourite cheese in the whole wide world! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I'm glad I felt uncomfortable at the hotel cos even though I didn't utilize the free vouchers, I had a great time with wifey and it's made us, well me really, realize that we hardly spent time alone together."


    awww....... Nick, that was a wonderful post. I am so glad the two of you had time to connect.

    I see that in my own parents.

    They are so busy working, taking care of me and my son and Poppa Sye (grandpa) that they have to schedule "dates"

    and yanno what?

    That is one of the key factors that keep their marriage alive and well.

    xxoo

    Im so happy to hear you had such a wonderful date.

    Even if it wasn't "free"...it was PRICELESS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I'm so happy to see u guys tried TR! And even happier to see you had the blue cheese burger, totally yum right? Oh but u guys didn't try the onion loaf!! Next time must try ok? I didn't know there's a TR at Sunway Pyramid btw.

    Oh and it's so true abt taking pics first b4 eating...B will always have to suffer first, cause I'll be snapping pictures of the food until I'm satisfied. Then only he can dig in ha ha ha!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! I'm so glad you had a chance to spend some quality time together. Sounds like it was a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol - For us, just having a nice romantic meal without the kids is very rare ... hehehe ... and I did make the best of it :D

    Just grab your hubby and go anywhere and have a nice romantic time. It's not really the place that matters, it's the company, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kadus mama - Ah, someone who knows how hard it is to get 'alone' time with your partner once you have kids ... hehehe ...

    Well, thank god my kids are school going children, so that at least gives us time to plan a few romantic getaways for a couple of hours ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cindy - The food really was yummy, though wifey complained her chicken was a little too juicy she finished every single bit, well, I helped a little also la ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Syura - Well, the pricing is about the same as Friday's I would think. Menu wise, I'd say they don't have as much as I would have liked them to though.

    Overall I'd say the food, especially my burger was excellent, but them I'm a blue cheese fanatic so I'm biased ... hehehe ...

    The chicken, well, wifey complained that it was a little too juicy but otherwise it was decent.

    I'd say, go give it a shot :D I know I'll be going again sometime soon ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tammy - LOL! Like I said earlier, send him my way and I'll knock some sense into him ... hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. the world according to me - Woohoo, another blue cheese lover, it's my favourite cheese too, I can't get enough of it ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Meleah - Well, kudos to your parent :D I'm trying my best to make sure, no matter how busy I am with work and wifey with taking care of the boys needs, we will always try to have a little time for ourselves. I believe it is really important to keep the spark alive ...

    And we have already started planning for our date next month ... hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marzie - I have to say, you and my buddy were right about the blue cheese burger. It was more than yummy ... LOL! I'll remember to try the onion loaf the next time though seeing as how I love onions too ... hehehe ...

    I didn't know they had TR at Sunway too until I saw the info board. Well, at least now I don't have to drive so far if I feel like Tony Roma's again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandy - I'm glad we had the chance cos I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it ... we're looking forward to the next one already.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, you two are so romantic. I must admit that my bf and I are totally unromantic. After dating for 3 years, we don't seem to have an ounce of romance left in our life. Die lah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, it looks like you had a great date :)

    I liked the bit that says that "we both never insist in doing something neither one of us is uncomfortable with". I think that's very important in a relationship. I still need to work more on that :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG I love Tony Roma's! The ribs are to die for!

    I don't get why a lot of ppl hate blue chess tho. I think it's the best! If I could put the whole block of cheese in my bag at an all you can eat buffet I so would! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  22. BT - We'll it's not to late to spice it up a bit you know :D Grab him and just go out on some date, watch a movie, sit in the park, anything at all ... hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  23. La delirante - We did have a good time :D

    That's the thing about us, we both have to agree on something or else we won't do it at all. We can't enjoy if one of us likes something and the other doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rozella - Well, wifey wanted to try for the ribs at first but opted for the chicken. She's going to try that next anyway ... hehehe ...

    Oh and I'd die for blue cheese. It's the best cheese around in my humble opinion. Once I went for a buffet that had a whole load of different cheese types and I just took the whole dish of blue cheese for myself ... oh, the joy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  25. awwwwww..that is so sweet!! Glad that you two enjoyed your date! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. that's so sweet.. glad you had a good date with wifey.. though it wasn't as planned ut it turned out so much better, didn't it :-)

    oh, you should try their steak on your next date, it's what they are famous for too.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks absolutly delish!! I love blu cheese too..my husband says it smells like dirty feet..yummy dirty feet though! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  28. Buddy!! Glad you finally tried TR's bleu cheese burger and glad it didn't disappoint! Believe me I am not a fan of bleu cheese but that's a thing of the past! Managed to convince Sean to try it too and he likes it too! Oh man now I feel like having it myself again! LOL Cheers bud!

    ReplyDelete
  29. still dating and thats nice Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE that you took before and after photos of your entrees!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow, so nice u have chance to dine in Tony Rama, i also want to try lah,Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy to hear that you and wifey had great time there! Once a while should do those things, leave the kids at home! hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Uhu! Nick go dating with wifey! Good on you Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  34. so sweet and romantic!! yeah, go out more often. Hubby and I go out dating twice a month (or more if possible.. hehe).. And we need to get permission from the little miss boss LOL We always tell her it's Mummy-Daddy's Time. She'd say, ok go outlah.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  35. nice to know that you had a great time with your wifey! so romantic...hope the next date is a great one too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Emelda - We did enjoy our date :D And we're planning to do it again soon ...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sting - It turned out so much better than what we had planned!

    Well, the steak it is the next time then :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. Diamond - Dirty feet ... LOL! That's even more so why I love blue cheese ...

    ReplyDelete
  39. Adrian - I've always been a fan of blue cheese and this had made me like it even more :D Seansy and blue cheese now that is something else ... hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Faizal - Yup, still dating and hopefully it'll be forever :D

    ReplyDelete
  41. Corinna - Welllll it was wifeys idea and how can a blogger not take pictures of his food ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hazel - Well, you should try it, it's a pretty good place. Happy weekend to you too ...

    ReplyDelete
  43. Rose - Yeah, I agree but for wifey and me, the only time is when the kids are in school but that's the time I also work so have to find a way la and taking leave for a date is the best option ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Haium - Thanks, It's not often I get a chance to be alone with my wife ... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  45. Osindak - At least your little miss boss gives you the permission, my younger boy would insist of following ... hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  46. Monica - I'm hoping that the next one will be just as great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. How sweet was your date. Romantic indeed. That's what every husband and wife should do, spend time together.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Marlene - Yeah, we should make it a point to spend some quality time with out loved ones once in a while :D

    ReplyDelete
  49. hello there. found u from social sparks. yup tony romas is yummy. i love the beef ribs especially.. they are good. i wonder if they have the same menu in where u are. i'm in sg. cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Watching thoses images makes me hungry!

    I'd want Tony Roma in Brazil... :o(

    ReplyDelete
  51. Constance Chan - Hi there and welcome to my humble blog. I suppose the menu would probably be more or less the same here. And you're the second person who's mentioned the ribs. I'm definitely going to try that the next time I'm there ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  52. Cidao - LOL! I'm getting hungry just looking at the pix myself, unfortunately I've just only yesterday decided to go on a diet ... groaaannn ...

    ReplyDelete
  53. It's always lovely to hear about such romance being alive and well. You and wifey are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Gypsy - Well, we do try to keep the romance flowing as much as we can :D It's something we try very hard to make sure it never fades ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!