Sunday, October 26, 2008

There Is A God After All ...

I wasn't intending to post anything today cos I seldom get online much on weekends and holidays. As much as I love blogging, I do tend to love my weekend and holidays more ... hehehe ... but I just couldn't help myself and get online for a quick short post. Quick and short as in my standards by the way ... LOL!

Today on the way back from church, I decided to take a different route seeing as how we weren't really going home immediately since we wanted to head out for this warehouse sale which we ended up not being able to go cos everyone in the whole of Kuala Lumpur decided to go for the same warehouse sale and parking was like next to impossible.

Anyways, that isn't what I want to post about. As I was saying, on the way back, I took a different route and decided to use the highway to get to the warehouse sale. Now, on almost all the highways here, there are dedicated motorcycle lanes for them to use, which is a good thing really. But there are the occasional, well it's more rampant these days, moronic motorcyclists who don't give two hoots about that ruling and insist on riding on the highways.

The fact that it's an offense doesn't really bother them. The fact that cars and huge trucks basically speed along the highway making it a dangerous place to be for a vehicle on two wheels also don't deter them. On top of it, they don't bother sticking to the slow lanes but insist on zipping in and out of traffic pretending to be Michael Doohan or Carlos Checa. The fact that they have been numerous fatal accidents involving motorcyclists on highway doesn't even make them twitch. They're like little insects buzzing here and there.

Many a times I have cursed them as they just don't bother about their safety let alone the rest of the other drivers who have to watch out for them on the highways. Many a times I have cursed the authorities for not being there to haul these idiots in and giving them a ticket. But today, my faith on god went up a notch or two further.

There we were driving on the highway when all of a sudden these two Moto GP racer wannabe go zipping by our car. The first words that come out of both wifey's and my mouth are, 'look at those two idiots, where are the cops when you need them!'. And there I am going the speed limit which was 90 km/h or so and these guys overtook me, zipped between two other cars like we were all standing still. But there was nothing we could do except sigh disappointingly at the lack of enforcement to nab these people.

But then, just as we head up the hill towards the toll booths, we see a bunch of traffic policeman conducting a road block hauling these two daredevils in. There is a god after all. Justice is served! You should have seen the smile on all our faces. We were so happy that we were all clapping away at the two daredevils as we drove by. Wifey said that if I had stopped the car, she would run out and kiss all the policemen there ... LOL! I'm sure that would have made the policemen's day, that's for sure. Either that or I'd have to bail wifey out of jail ... hehehe ...

But seriously, that was by far the best thing I saw happen today. It's not often you get your wishes granted. And instantly at that. Well, just so you know, I did try wishing for a million bucks immediately but no such luck ... LOL! Those two bums deserve the ticket they're going to get from the cops. I can hear their excuses already, 'we didn't realize that we're not allowed on the highway' or 'we missed the turn off for the motorcycle lane' or 'we're rushing for an emergency'. Well, whatever excuse they have planned for the policemen, I hope they get the maximum fine. That'll learn 'em :D

Well, that's all from me for now. Since I'm online, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all my Hindu buddies a happy Deepavali tomorrow. I've got a couple of places that I'll be visiting tomorrow and I'm going to need my appetite suppressants or I'm going to just pig out all day and that is not good! LOL!
.

18 comments:

  1. Oh, I always say that to my kids when I come across dare devil drivers! But so far, none of my such wishes have ever come true! Maybe cos I don't go to church :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There're moronic motorcyclists everywhere. They are all the same and in Brazil there're many accidents because of their lack of responsability on the highways. They act as they were the owners of the world, I mean as if they could do anything and nothing... nothing will stop them. I really hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What idiots! It's bad enough driving like that in a car but on a motorbike!!!!! What are they suicidal or something? They should be thankful they are still alive to receive a fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *jumping in joy*
    Nah!! justice was prevail!! hehehe That two moronic motorcyclist were not only put themselves in danger but other highway users as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, there is a bumper sticker that is most suitable to Malaysian drivers, it says, "Honk Not Working, Prepare for Fingers Please"
    Yeah, I know I'm wicked :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. stupid kids always on their motorcycles zipping inbetween cars.
    Makes it dangerous FOR ALL OF US on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hows the pigging doing today? Encounter any jam and stupid idiots on the road? :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell me about it! Teens in motos are often the headlines of the news here, hit by this and that. They thought they own the road, hah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BT - LOL! I don't think it has anything to do with going to church la ... I guess it was just my lucky day :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cidao - Glad to know we're not the only country that has idiots like these ... I really hate them too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gypsy - The thing is they think they're indestructible and bad things won't happen to them. And when it does, they blame the poor car driver instead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kadus Mama - Ya, both wifey and me were so happy that we were laughing non stop all the way after that ... hehehe ... sometimes good things do happen :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Real Mother Hen - LOL! And I agree with you on that one. Malaysian drivers are simple the best, if you know what i Mean :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meleah - And they just don't realize how vulnerable they are in that tiny two wheeled machine of theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rose - The pigging out was great and glad to say that the roads were jam free with no morons doing any crazy stunts :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marlene - The same here. You would think that the amount of fatalities involving them would make them a little more careful but no such luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!