Friday, April 15, 2011

Ain't No Stopping Us Now!

Good god, I actually forgot I have a blog! These days my posts have been getting fewer and much further in between. It's not that I've really forgotten about this blog, after all how can I? It's my main and first ever blog so I'll always have something to post, just not as often as before.

There really isn't nearly enough hours in the day to do all the things I wanna do these days. My work alone keeps me busy all day, then when I'm done with that, my passion for running takes up my after work hours and by the time I'm done I'll be too exhausted to do anything else and it's straight to bed after that.

Not that I'm complaining mind you. Life in general is pretty good. I'm healthy, I'm happy, I have a loving wife, what more could I want? Well, a few million bucks in my bank account wouldn't hurt ... LOL! Now if only there were a little more hours in the day to do even more of the things I wanna do but I suppose we can't have everything so easy, right?

The week went by in a flash and though I'm always happy for weekends, this week I'm doubly happy cos tomorrow night, wifey and me will be heading down to the Sepang International Circuit to take part in the Energizer Night Race. I've been eagerly waiting for ages for this race.

It's our first of many races for this year and to say I'm not a little excited would be a lie. I'm so excited that I'll probably not be able to sleep tonight ... LOL! You know the feeling, when you're looking forward to something the next day, like going for a trip or a holiday, it's always hard to sleep the night before, well, that's exactly how I'm feeling right now :D

This is one race I'm eagerly waiting for simply for the fact that I get to run on the Sepang International Circuit track which is a once in a lifetime thingy. I mean how many people can say they ran on the very same circuit that the likes of Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel, Michael Schumacher and Jenson Button drove on. I wonder if I'll be able to find some of that tyre marbles the drivers said were littered on the track ... LOL!

I'll be taking part in the 21K event while wifey will be doing the 11K. I'm sure she's going to do well cos she's been training pretty hard and has been doing some good times in her runs. Wished she was running the 21K with me but she's just not ready for that distance yet. Maybe next year, ya honey :D The only thing that I'm not all that happy with is the fact that I couldn't recce the route before hand, it would have made a lot of a difference in my run. All I could gauge about the route was what I saw from TV last week during the F1 race.

I'll be doing a single loop outside the circuit which is a 10K loop and then 2 loops around the circuit (5.5K a loop) to finish off my 21K run. I'm targeting a sub 2 hour run which is achievable seeing as how I've done all my 21K training runs in under 2 hours so far. Just hope no injuries crop up half way (fingers and toes crossed). Well, whatever it is, I'm just going out there to run and have fun at the same time. I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday night than running in a half marathon :D

Wish us luck.
.

10 comments:

  1. All the best to you and your wifey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooOOOOo.. the run is finally here.. i remember u have that banner in your other blog like forever.. hehehhee.. its the one where you gotta put a headlight on yer head ya? kekekekkee.. remember to take photos :D tape your desire to your head too.. so it can take pictures ma :p

    good luck to both of you and stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anny - Yup, that's the very same one where you're supposed to strap that contraption on your head. If they think I'm going to strap some heavy headlights on my head and run 21k they've got to be mad! I'll thrown the darned headlights back at them ... LOL!

    I'll try to take some pictures but night race la, very dark and scary ... hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good luck to the both of you! I would NEVER be able to survive running a 21K! Or even an 11K!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best! I think your wife can run 21K! This is so exciting! I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't update the blog as often too. Time goes by so fast these days. I have less than 2 weeks to train. I'm trying to finish 21k in 2 hours 30 mins, I'm gonna train harder so I could finish it in 2 hours, maybe the other half marathon race I'm joining? Ganbatte!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meleah - Thank you :D I'm sure you'd be able to pull of a long distance run if you wanted to :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maslight - Thanks :D I'm sure she could probably pull off the 21K but she's taking it slow and easy and I'm sure she'll be ready for one before the end of the year :D

    You'll do fine in the BIM, and 2'30" is a good goal for your inaugural 21K :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can do it! hehe...all the bestt to you and the wifey Nick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!