Friday, February 12, 2016

The Land Of The Rising Sun

In exactly a week, I'll be running around the land of the rising sun. I've been looking forward to this trip for quite a while now. I've never been to Japan so the excitement is building up. The only downside to the trip will be the marathon itself.

I've been sidelined the past 3 plus weeks due to a knee injury and have not put in a single mile of training. In fact, right up to today, I was not even sure I'd be toeing the start line. It would have been a shame if I had to DNS the race. I've been training pretty hard for, in fact too hard, prior to getting bogged down with the injury.

With just about a little over a week to go before race day, I just may make the start line but all hopes of a good showing has been flushed down the drain. Right now, I'm just looking forward to completing the race itself and not get anymore injuries. After all, my main race for the year will be the Gold Coast Airport Marathon in July and I really want to stay injury free for that.

That said, it doesn't mean I'm not going to give my best for the race in Japan. I'm totally not race ready at the moment and if there was a 21k race, I'd have downgraded myself but unfortunately, they don't have a half marathon category. But I'd willingly DNF (did not finish) the race at the mere signs of any recurring pain to the knee. I can't risk anymore downtime after Japan.

Race aside, I'm looking forward to exploring the place. Wifey has already got our itinerary planned and I'm just going to follow her lead. I know I've plan for a hell of a lot of photo taking and pole hugging ... LOL! Hopefully I'll be able to find some class rings from Joy Jewelers to bring home as a souvenir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!