Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Woof, Woof, Woof!

I want a dog! I really, really, really want a dog! You wanna know why? Well, last Sunday, wifey and me went to the mall near our place called The Summit. We actually went there to get some material for our Winter Wonderland theme we cooked up. While walking around the mall, oh it was bliss cos we left the two boys at home with my mom, no need to keep on shouting at them to behave themselves and all that, just the two of us ... hehehe ...

Ok, where was I? Oh yeah, while walking around, we stumbled upon this dog show organized by the Malaysian Kennel Association that was going on in the main lobby of the mall. Actually I stumbled upon it cos wifey was in one of the shops browsing through some stuff and I was like looking for an SD card for my new digital camera. The moment I saw the show, I rushed into the shop and grabbed wifey out cos I know she loves dogs.

Well, the show or rather dog competition was pretty interesting. I mean, I'm no animal lover and yet I was transfixed by it. These dogs were so well trained that they obeyed all the instructions of their owners. They sat when they were told, they stopped when instructed, the tip toed when needed ... it was so cool. They were so many various breeds of dogs in the show. The best part of it was these dogs were so beautiful (man, I'd never thought I live to see the day I call a dog beautiful) that wifey and me just had to go over to where the dogs and owners were and see them up close.


Now, that's when I was spellbounded by these dogs. They were so friendly and playful and some were so cute they looked like stuffed toys! I even sat there and played with some of those dogs. Wifey even took a pix with this lovely playful brown dog (wifey thinks its an Afghan breed) called Sunshine. Then there was this cute little Scottish Terrier that never wanted to sit still long enough for me to get any pictures. That's when I decided I want a dog for myself! But the thing is I want one that's trained already, I'd hate to have it barking like some stray mongrel all night long and I don't want to clean up after it, wifey can do that ... LOL!


But I seriously want to get a dog of my own. And if any of you feel like you wanna get me one for Christmas (LOL) my favourites are the Scottish Terrier, a St. Bernard or one of those godawful ugly bulldogs! We were both so captivated by these dogs we spent almost an hour and a half there messing around and taking picture of these dogs. I know my next project after Christmas is to get a dog, hopefully the neighbours will sign off on it cos in the area we live, we have to get both the left and right neighbours consent before we're allowed to own any pets! And that's going to be one hell of a difficult task seeing as how unfriendly I am with both my neighbours.

I guess if I do get a dog I'm going to have to be responsible for it myself. I wonder if I'm up to the task though. It's probably like looking after babies. LOL! Hmmm, talking about babies my buddy is going to have a baby and I'll bet he's going to be looking out for some baby furniture soon. I know just the place to suggest to him though. I'll get him to check online at Luxury Lambs, they've got beautiful baby cribs that he simply must get. Well, with that said and done, I'm going to head to bed now. It's way past my bed time and thank god it's a holiday so I can sleep in till the cows come home ... LOL! Besides, I'm going to try my hand at making a snowman tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how that turns out :D
.

44 comments:

  1. OMG! Where can you get a border collie here?? Where did that guy get one? Eeee.. i want that dog! They're so smart! I've always wanted a dog.. So sad I can't! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs are FANTASTIC.... but they are alot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick - My pets (1 dog & 1 cat, right now) are nicer to me than my husband and son. Don't ever ask me to choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick, if you get the dogs you have the same interest with my hubby, crocs or 'frocs'(LOL) and dogs..if you see him with the dogs you will want dogs this second. After you have yours you can email him..he knows a lot about dogs and has spent lots of money for them, from balls to bones and food.hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. OoooHHHh!! I've always wanted to have a golden retriever. I think they're the most beautifulest-est! And smart too.. Too bad I can't keep one. :( and you're right, better get one that's already super trained. LOL!

    There was this one time, when Syura and I was just coming out of pets wonderland (midvalley), a St. Bernard had just come back from the vet and one of the employees was bringing it in with a leash, (or more like the dog was bringing her), and then when the dog saw Syura, it stopped and laid down at her feet.. (biasalah.. Ratu!)

    The dog was so heavy that Syura had to struggle a bit to get her feet from underneath his big paws... and that was just a pup! But so adorably cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's good to have a dog at home coz dog is a loyal animal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dogs are adorable :D

    My dogs back home don't required training and they don't need to be caged. They can cross the roads safely too... kampung dogs are tough... not too cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunshine is gorgeous!

    Don't really fancy those little doggies, look more like stuffs toys... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dogs too!
    I used to have one called Muffin, which was a Lhaso Apso. He wasn't the best trained dog in the world, but he made up for that with his loving personality!
    I would love to have another one, but they do take a lot of looking after. As you say, it is like having a baby.
    Do you think you can talk your neighbours round?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would love to 'donate' one of my new born puppies to you Nick! But they are 1/4 silky terrier. ;) and 3/4 kampung dog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, do get a dog! I'm surprised you need your neighbours' permission first. Tough. You'll be so happy if you have a dog at home, I assure you. I would like a beagle, labrador and golden retriever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Chow Chow... they are so fluffy and cute!!!...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What no poodles? LOL Cute pics bud...I like the last pic of you with your paws out LOL Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Syura - I didn't ask ... LOL! I wanted all the dogs there la. They were so darn cute and adorable ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Meleah - yeah, that's why I still don't own a dog just yet. I'd like one but I hate the maintenance part ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Micki - LMAO, don't worry I won't ask you to chose ... Dogs can be such loyal pets, ya?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Deana - LOL! I'll keep that in mind if I ever do get a dog, but the chances are quite high right now ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shemah - the dog actually dropped right at Syura's feet? LOL! that must have been a sight.

    Oh, I know how big those dogs can be. There's one near my place and it's like 10 feet tall, huge fellow but so friendly. The owner looks like a kid compared to the dog ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hazel - yes, you're absolutely right about them being loyal. I hope when I eventually get one, it'll remain loyal to me ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nessa - LOL! Yeah, those mangy mutts are sure savvy little fellow's aren't they? I had a dog like that when I was a little boy, it didn't need any maintenance at all. So independent little dog. I named him Tinker. One day he got run over by a blooming bus! Guess he didn't know how to cross roads like your dogs ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweetiepye - Yes, Sunshine was a real playful gal. She just didn't want to sit still long enough to get any shot. But wifey did get a shot with Sunshine though.

    There was this one small little dog that I called a wuss cos he or she just looked like a wuss!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The world according to me - I seriously don't think I could talk to my neighbours, maybe I'll my mom to do it. She's friendly with them, unlike me ... LOL!

    That's what I'm worried about. The looking after part ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Chegu Carol - so they're 'kampung terriers' la tu? A nice new breed. LOL!

    Like Nessa said, the kampung dogs are pretty good at looking after themselves, so maybe I should get of those kampung dogs with a pinch of terrier genes thrown in ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  24. BT - It's sad but true and unfortunately it's the law in these parts! Even to do renovation to your house, you need your neighbours consent.

    Oh, a beagle is nice. I like that dog too ... I'm seriously considering getting one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lady Java - they are aren't they? But they're not my kind of dogs. I like those real ugly ones like the bulldog ...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adrian - You wanna feel those paws of mine smack you silly? LOL!

    I didn't take you for a poodle kinda guy :D Well, they did have one poodle there I think, but I'm not into poodles, so no pix of it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi!! I like puppies! But I prefer kittens :) I have a beautiful black cat and would not get along with a puppy but we'll see perhaps next year! (Hopefully Santa (hubby, lol) will take note)

    Have a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i definitely want a dog too, and better a big one :) But somehow only cats in my appartment, and none of them are mine :D
    Hope one day you'll get a dog of your own :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really adorable !!
    I love to look at them but wouldn't go too near. I was chased by one during my teens.... LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want another dog too!!!!! :D

    So cute lah the dogs in the photo. Can pose lagi for the camera. Hahaha!

    So.. have you checked out the pet stores already?

    ReplyDelete
  31. La Delirante - I'm not too fond of kitten, I know they're nice furry little fellows, but they're so lazy ... LOL! Hope your Santa will get you a nice little doggy for Christmas ...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lena - How come only cats? None of the people in your apartment like dogs? I'm hoping to get one for myself soon ...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Janice - LOL! So you're still scared of dogs, huh? Well, I had my pet dog when I was young bite me right on the nose. Had to get a jab for it, stupid dog! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ethelwenn - So get another dog already ... LOL!

    Yeah, can pose lagi, I wanted to take more but everytime I pointed the camera in their direction, they wanted to jump on me and play ... such playful fellows la :D

    Oh yes, I did check out the pet stores and Cindy, those dogs cost 2 arms and one leg la!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dude forfor to tell you that if you want some ideas on Snowmen I can help becase along time ago we used to make our too :) Pretty simple...but looked great! :) Cheers!

    Jolly Genie Kingr own too

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey buds, thanx, any ideas would be welcomed :) Now, lets talk about your spelling ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  37. lol Nick!... give me five!..GK jgn marah.. cikgu nick dah bersuara..lolzzz

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yoo hooo...thanks for the Christmas pressie!! Hurry up and put up ur Christmas tree la, I can't wait to send u some pressies!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lady Java - he has such atrocious spelling doesn't he ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  40. That's why lah Nick.. Best Male Speller Award...heheheh...

    ReplyDelete
  41. Alamak Nick.. he caught us lahh...heheh

    ReplyDelete
  42. LOL Buddy, ok, ok, I'll quit spreading lies behind your back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!