Saturday, May 10, 2008

Oh Happy Day ...

Saturday. I've always loved Saturday's and today is no exception. I slept in a little, well as late as it was possible before my younger boy pounces in the room and starts demanding for his breakfast, that is. It's become such a weekly Saturday occurrence that I'm used to it.

As usual, the first things that wifey and me would do is head to the PC and check on our blogs, emails, and see if we have any assignments in our inbox. Well, I do have quite a few, so that's good news, more money to be made for me. So, while wifey was having her turn at the PC, I looked out the room window from upstairs and saw this moving lorry downstairs at my old hag neighbours house.

Ok, most of you who read my silly postings here would know of my ongoing predicament with both my neighbours, the Neanderthal on the left and the old hag on the right. While the Neanderthal has become a much nicer neighbour in the months that he's been here, the old hag has gotten from bad to worse. And there are many a times I prayed for the earth to open up and swallow her whole.

Anyways, back to the lorry downstairs. The van reverses and parks itself in the neighbours driveway and I see them start uploading furniture into it. I let out a squeal of delight.

'They're moving, honey, they're moving!'

I excitedly tell wifey. You could see the delight in her face too. What a glorious Saturday this is turning out to be and it's only 11.00am :D This may not be nearly as good as the earth opening up and swallowing them but it almost as good. They've been, well the old hag really, giving us loads of grief for the past year or so with her selfish and irrational actions that I've felt like strangling her many times over.

I'm going to enjoy the day standing at my porch and patiently watch the mover upload everything in the lorry. I think I'm going to make myself a nice tall glass of orange juice, grab a book and sit outside my porch and watch the moving process and when that moving lorry finally leaves, I'm going to stand up and give it a big round of applause. Good riddance I would say. There really is a god that looks out for silly old grouches like me ... hehehe ...

The only thing that frightens me is that maybe the new people who move in here are worse off than them. Ok, you god that looks out for silly old grouches like me, please, oh please make my new neighbours someone decent. Not someone who was just released from drug rehab or something. And if it wouldn't be too much trouble god, please make my new neighbour Jennifer Garner ... hahaha ...

Wifey: 'Honey, you're hallucinating again, it's time for your medicine already!'
.

18 comments:

  1. Happy weekend to you..and Happy Mother's Day to your wifey..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Nick!
    Have a great weekend and what's the plan for the wifey tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick,
    Hahaha! Yar u better watch out. The new neighbour might be worst! hhmm...or it could be me & babe *wink* since we are actively looking for place to move in a month or two..

    ReplyDelete
  4. *chuckles*

    Wish much, Nick? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you'll get a better neighbout this time hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Jennifer Garner moves in beside you I want Ben Affleck to move in beside me. hehehe

    Happy Mother's Day to your wife!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kadus Mama - Happy Mother's day to you too :D Got anything special planned for today?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol - You have a great weekend too :D I have no idea what my plans are but I'll try to think of something ... hehehe ... I have a surprise for her from me and the boys though :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen - That's my only worry with new neighbours. They could be monsters from outer space for all you know ... LOL!

    I don't think you and your babe will be as bad as my current neigbours if you did move next door ... hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haizum - LOL! A guy can wish can't he? Maybe someone up there is actually listening to me once in a while ... hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aunty J - I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed ... hehehe ... Happy Mother's day to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tammy - LOL! That would just be awesome wouldn't it? Maybe if we wished hard enough ... LOL!

    I'll be sure to pass on your wishes to my wife. And a Happy Mother's day to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saturday was not a happy day for me. I'm sick and tired. I'm cold! I tried to rest but I just had a headache because of html and css blog codes... See my face on saturday... Notice how I was angry and furious!! It looks like funny today but...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cidao - I'm sorry to hear about your Saturday buddy. I've had days like that, in fact today really isn't one of my better Monday's. My car is in need of some major repairs and it's going to cost me quite a bit ... sigghhh ... Hope you day has improved somewhat :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also love Saturdays :) You made me smile with the "Neanderthal and the old hag" :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. La Delirante - LOL! I'm glad the post made you smile. I had such fun writing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good news on the neighbour front but bad news for your readers. I always got a kick out of reading your funny stories about the old hag next door.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gypsy - LOL! Gypsy, don't worry, knowing myself as well as I do, I'd probably have some new complaints about my new neighbours ... hahaha ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!