Sunday, March 28, 2010

Are We Really That Old?

You know age is really catching up with you when you attend a guys night out and end up watching P.Ramlee's 'DoReMi' reruns and actually enjoying the show!

For the benefit of my foreign readers, P.Ramlee is a local legend of an actor from my younger days who acted in comedies and drama's. This 'DoRemi' series of movies is something along the lines of the 'Three Stooges'. As far as I'm concerned he's still the best and only actor in this country who can really act, unfortunately he's long gone to that movie studio in the sky.

Anyways, me and my two best buddies organized a guys night out yesterday. These days it's really hard to get us all together to sit and hang out like the old days. We're all married now and have kids and trying to find a time when we can just hang out like before is really few and far between.

So yesterday, we managed to get some time to hangout and went over to our other buddies place but what happened next really showed us that age is really catching up with us. When we reached his house, we were too lazy to go out and ended up sitting and watching Max Payne, the movie which was horrible to say the least and had a hoot of a time watching the rerun of 'DoReMi'!

Imagine that, a guys night out was spent watching a rerun from the 60's and actually enjoying it so much that we were laughing till tears came out of our eyes. What made it worse was we were so sleepy that we called it a night by 12.30am! There were days in our youth that we could hang out till 3 or 4 in the morning, wake up the next day and do it all over again, night after night. Now we were all yawning by 11.00pm and cannot keep our eyes open by 12.00am ... LOL!

Even the prospect of playing a Nintendo Wii which my buddy had in his house didn't entice us to stay up later. Buddies, if you're reading this, are we really that old already? Where has the time gone? What happened to those days of staying up late playing FIFA07 and taking our teams to the top of the EPL league? What happened to the times when would sit at the bus stop discussing the theories of time travel (oh yes, we had some deep discussions back then ... LOL!) till the wee hours of the morning? Was it really that long ago?

Maybe we all have more responsibilities these days and our family's come first but I must say that I did have a good enjoyable couple of hours hanging out :D The good news is we're planning for a trip together, all three families, to go hang out for a weekend in Malacca early May which I am so looking forward to :D Hopefully we can all make it and I'm sure it'll be a blast.
.

18 comments:

  1. LOL. Wah Grandpa, you sleep so early one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you'll have a great time and bonding time with each other in Malacca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey thats nice. at least, the wives will feel at ease knowing their husbands were hanging at home, watching TV! :D

    family trip together sounds a great idea. i remember when i was 12, my parents brought me and my youngest brother for a family trip to Penang with another two families. They are friends of my dad. It was a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i mean hanging out at home...apa la hanging at home pula. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. urmm.. at least i know i AM old.. hehhehehe..

    u guys really talked about theories of time travel way back then? cool! the only things me and my buddies talked about until 4am were boys/men and poo... in that order :D we do talked about poo a lot.

    last round i saw my buddies during this recent CNY... we talked till 4am again.. and i even got an earful from dad when i got home.. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did find DoReMi hilarious when I watched it some years ago. But I don't think you guys are old la. If anything I can't keep my eyes open by 12am too!

    And ooo time travel..Was that inspired from Back to the Future?

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL... P Ramlee movies can be enjoyed by everyone, I guess.... doesn't mean you're old.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must be getting old too! the idea of WILLINGLY staying up all hours is too much for me to deal with anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tidak ba that Nick.. cuma badan penat sudah ba tu..tu la mau tidur awal :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lina - What to do Lina, getting old already that 9.00pm is already late for me ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lina - I'm hoping so too. I haven't been to Malacca in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol - Hahaha, yes that's true. These days we'd rather just sit at home than go out. Those days are long past for us.

    I'm really looking forward to the trip :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anny - LOL! I think we're all getting old already la.

    Yes, we really did talk about time travel and loads of other stupid things back then ... LOL!

    Those were fun days when you were still young and full of energy. These days all I wanna do is sleep ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sriyany - I think it's still the ONLY local movie worth watching over and over again :D

    Actually I don't even remember why that time travel discussion came about, not that it was a very intelligent discussion mind you, most of the time we were planning to go back in time and cheat on our test scores ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terra - Really? Phew! Thank god, for a while there I thought only old fogeys watch P.Ramlee movies ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Emelda - Ya, these days my body aches in all kinds of places by the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!