Friday, August 27, 2010

Holiday Time

It's going to be a nice long weekend for me seeing as how today is a state holiday over here. While the rest of you work, I'll be lazing around doing nothing much ... LOL!

The rest of my office is unfortunately working today as my partner insists on them coming to work. I'm not sure why but I told him I'm not coming in unless the sky falls down and even then I might still think about it.

I don't know why he wants them to work seeing as how it is after all a gazetted state holiday. I don't see any urgent jobs that need to be done so it's kind of puzzling as to why he wants them to work.

Oh well, being a partner does have its privileges cos I don't have to listen to him and can just observe the holiday ... LOL! I don't really have anything planned for today yet but I'm sure I'll think of something to do. I have a few things still to get on my shopping list and I'm probably going to drag wifey out with me :D

Besides, I do need to go to IKEA as well since I need to get some more shelves, mugs, kids ties and stuff for the office pantry but it all depends on my mood as well. I just might laze around at home doing nothing.
.

21 comments:

  1. ahhhh i wish i'm working in Selangor right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm heading over to PD shortly to jog on the beach or the lack of it this evening. Come join! Promise I won't bring any camera to keep your anonymity, but Mel on the other hand.... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I'm stuck in the middle of KL while the rest of Selangor gets to sleep in.

    @ Gallivanter - That's soo nice! The weather is perfect for the beach..sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wee... long live long weekends. I'm going to catch up on episodes of Better off Ted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your deserved holiday......How I wish I have holiday too. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is one of those time when I envy the Selangor people. ;)

    Why make people work on Public Holiday? Not good for workers morale lah like that. :(
    But got pay triple or not? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soulie - Tak pe, there are a few holidays in KL that we Selangor folks don't get :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gallivanter - Wah, running on the beach :D That's something I've never really done before. I'm too lazy to drive so far, have fun and my regards to your wife :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sriyany - Aiyaaa, call in sick la ... LOL!

    Yes, I agree, it's great weather to be at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terra - Yes, I second that, long live weekends :D Happy holidays to you and enjoy your Better off Ted catching up :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rose - Thank you :) Well, the weekend is here so that's a good sign, right :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lina - Trust me, there are times I envy you KL folks too :)

    Don't la what he's rationale for making them work on a holiday ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ENVY you guys there because you have IKEA.
    I have this thought that if I'm feeling clueless what to do during the weekend, just go to Ikea and drools over all the things nice there.

    Great weekend to you and the family Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carol - I know how to solve that envious feeling about IKEA ... move here la ... hahaha!

    A great weekend to you and hubby too :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. mmmmmm...oh, if only I had a nice long weekend like you do! Unfortunately I have so much urgent work to do:(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diorce Lawyers Toronto - It's not always we get long weekend holidays so I tend to maximize it :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. The vacation need! productivity of work increases and life is not so fast goes, there is something to remember later. Thanks for the article

    ReplyDelete
  18. Private Investigators - Urmmm, thanks for that bit of info.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!