Friday, September 10, 2010

The Sound Of Silence ...

Today is Hari Raya, the culmination of Ramadhan, the holy month of fasting but from the sounds of it, I'd swear that it was just another ordinary day. The festivities this year, in my opinion anyway, is pretty subdued. Normally, just on the stroke of midnight, there would be a cacophony of firecrackers to be heard but last night I only heard a maximum of three small fireworks sessions that lasted a mere 3 minutes in total.

I remember last year, the firecrackers kept on blasting away till the very wee hours of the morning so much so that I couldn't get a proper nights sleep. It's so unlike a festival feel. It doesn't matter if it's Hari Raya, Chinese New Year, Deepavali or even Christmas, the firecrackers sessions are always a must. This year though it's been a quiet affair.

I don't know about your neighbourhoods though, maybe over here the residents decided to go  back to their respective hometowns because of the long break or something. Not that I'm complaining though, I had a decent nights sleep :D I was anticipating being kept awake with the noise but it didn't happen. Even Pebbles, who is terrified of firecrackers slept blissfully.

With all that said and done, I'm really enjoying the holiday prancing round the house with my ugg boots, and if you don't know what ugg boots are, then you should be ashamed of yourselves ... LOL! Wifey is a little worried though cos I'm in a shopping spree mood and she knows I'm going to drag her along on my shopping sessions ... hahaha ...

Hope you guys are having a great holiday too :)
.

9 comments:

  1. EH my area oso sunyi-sepi! I was waiting to jump out of my wits with the deafening firecrackers, but nothing oso.... hmmmmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope u and wifey had a good break.. thanks for dropping by with ur Raya wish, my house or rather mah fridge is overloaded with food... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so happy you are enjoying your time off and UGGS rule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marzie - I noticed quite a few areas pun very quiet this year la ... maybe the cops finally cracked down on the fireworks ban ... yeah, right ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marzie - So far we're enjoying the holidays :D Wah, I must come over and raid your fridge la ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have Ugg boots ah?wah... so envy! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!