Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lazy Sunday

What a lazy Sunday this has been. I feel like heading out to the malls but I'm just too lazy. I just feel like sleeping the afternoon away but the current hot spell makes napping all that more difficult. I've been itching to hit the malls to check out sports stuff which I haven't done for quite a while due to my workload in the office. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from sports shopping already (LOL!) but I just don't feel like doing anything.

In fact, I've been lazing around since yesterday even though I'm supposed to take my car to the auto shop to check out the check engine light icon that's been flashing since Friday but never got around to it. I don't know why but I'm getting lazier and lazier to do stuff for myself these days. I suppose I really should go check it out soon, afterall my car isn't one of those fancy Ford F-150's that probably doesn't breakdown much. Maybe tomorrow, right after I figure out where the San Diego auto repair shop is ...

Right now, I'm just gonna laze around till this evening until it's time for my run. At least I'm looking forward to that. That's one thing I'm pretty enthusiastic about :D I've been increasing my daily mileage kilometer by kilometer and am now training to run a full marathon, a total of 42KM by the fourth quarter of this year and judging by the way things are going, I think (that is a big I think, mind you) I can pull it off :D

Right now though, I'll take one step at a time and just concentrate on training for my 21K race that's coming up in a month or so. I'm really looking forward to that cos it'll be my first 21K after laying off from running for years. I can't even remember the last 21K I ran.

The only thing that I'm worried off right now is injuries which could totally ruin my dreams of completing a full marathon. As it is, I already run 10-15KM a day with and is taking a huge toll on my legs. I only take two rest days in between to recuperate. I'm already suffering from excruciating shin splints as it is.

At my age, over enthusiasm is something I really need to watch out to prevent any more serious injuries to my legs. But as wifey would say,

'You're one stubborn fellow, leg pain also want to still run like a maniac!'

LOL! What to do, I simply love to run. Besides, no matter how much she complains about me running like a maniac, she's right there alongside me running like a maniac too ... LOL!
.

10 comments:

  1. *chuckles it's gewd to have someone to run with you. *envy! And you're so fast. *envy! It's my first 21km this year in May. I'm training for that, I am not gonna go crazy and register for 42km yet coz I barely can cover my 21km properly. And my left ankle is weak somehow. *sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best with your 42K run. How nice to have somebody always alongside with you running, right?

    And have fun running for the 21K. :)

    I overdid my run a couple of weeks ago and still taking it easy because I pushed myself even though I was already in pain. Now, my hubby always reminds me not to overdo my workout. Sucks...:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Training for 42 KM... awesome. A big bummer with the shin splints, though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maslight - Me fast? LOL! I wish I was la. It's been a dream to actually run a 42K and besides those t-shirts they give to marathon finishers are so cool, got bragging rights after that ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lina - She's the reason why I started running again and she's been a great source of motivation for me even though sometimes she think I'm crazy when I get into my running craze ... LOL!

    I have to agree with your hubby, go easy on the workouts (not that I listen to my own advise mind you ... LOL!). Your body will thank you for it the next day :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terra - Training only, don't know if I'll be able to complete it though ... hehehe ... Yeah, those shin splints can be a real pain (pun intended ... LOL!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its always good to have someone to run alongside... both can be happy maniacs :D go easy laa if got pain.. serious injuries could make you dependent on those ibu druggie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, u're aiming for finisher t-shirt too. Well at least u're faster than me that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anny - Running with someone is always very motivational :D

    I'm taking a weeks break from running and hopefully this time, the pain will heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maslight - Hehehe ... yeah, I'm really looking forward to trying to get that tee :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!