Sunday, April 22, 2012

Where Did The Week Go?

The weekend just flew by in the blink of an eye! How time flies these days. I had a blast over the weekend what with running the Energizer Night Race on Saturday night which turned out to be a fun filled affair, as far as I was concerned.

It was one of my better run races this year and running on the Sepang International Circuit for the second year running was again pretty cool :D Actually it wasn't, weather wise cos it was kinda hot but the run itself was fun.


Managed to complete the distance of 15.5km in a personal best which is a big boost in my preparations for the upcoming Standard Chartered KL Marathon where I'll be participating in my first ever full marathon. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't that confident but of late, with an improvement in performance and form, I'm feeling much more confident for the marathon.

I don't have any aims for the marathon except to cross that finish line in a dignified and respectable manner on two feet and not crawling across on all fours ... LOL! I can't imagine myself having to run at best, a sub 5 hour marathon or at worse, a sub 6 hour marathon. I've never run that long in my entire lifetime so it'll be an experience to remember.

I have slightly a little more than 2 months to prepare (which is really cutting it close) but having a big boost in confidence is one huge step in my favour already :D We'll just have to wait and see how it goes come the 24th of June.

With that said and done, it's another blistering hot night and I'm sitting here in my mini office at home having to figure out how to fix this two busted computer carts that I brought home from the office.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!