Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Crazy Things I Do

In roughly 17 hours or less I'll be embarking on 12 hour trail run challenge in Gunung Nuang. Strangely enough, I'm not too bothered by it. I'm not being cocky or over-confident, mind you. The reality is I'm going to suffer every step of the 12 hours I'll be on my feet in Nuang but somehow I'm not too worried about it as much as I should be.

I haven't even packed my gear or prepared my fueling and hydration needs yet. I haven't even decided on what I'm going to wear and am still toying of which shoe is going to be on my feet, the ever reliable Skechers GObionic Trail or the battle proven hybrid, The Skechers GOrun Ultra.

I really should be getting down to doing all that but it's such a nice lazy Saturday to be doing anything. The weather is of a little concern though. With the current dry prolonged dry spell, Nuang is going to be hot, irrespective of the tree cover, especially in the noon stages of the run. I'm just hoping there isn't any bush fires in the vicinity to make it even tougher than it already is going to be.

This will be my second 50k challenge in the span of two weeks. I'm just waiting to get this over and done with so I can get back to starting my marathon training again. It's going to be some tough weeks ahead with back to back weekend long runs planned and another 84k Ultra challenge thrown in somewhere end May. Why do I even sign up for these torture fest is something that's beyond me.

The wife has also embarked on a new training programme and has been hard at work keeping to it. I'm seeing so much improvement in her since being sidelined for quote a while due to injuries. She's got some goals and targets planned for her main race and judging by her improvement, I have no doubt she'll ace it.

Anyways, why am I even sitting here and blogging on this fine slow moving Saturday afternoon when I could be snoozing away. With that I'll leave you to enjoy your Saturday, give this small guitar case booklet a look-see and hit the sack for a few hours.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!