Thursday, March 11, 2010

Broken Down

I finally got myself a new cell phone yesterday and I can now retire my old dinosaur era phone. That phone was so old that I was embarrassed just taking it out of my pocket to answer it!

Wifey and me saw this bunting announcing that there was going to be a 5 day cell phone fair not too far from our place. This would be a great time to go check out some cell phones and working for yourself does have loads of advantages cos you get to go for fairs like these while everyone is busy working ... LOL!

Well, wifey was the one who benefited more from this fair cos when we reached there, we found out that it wasn't just a cell phone fair. They were also selling loads of other stuff like handbags, jeans, shoes, toys, facial stuff and things like that. In fact they had more of that kinds of stuff than cell phones.

What little cell phone booths they had there were all selling those China made Blackberrys and iPhones and no way was I going to buy one of those. Besides the brand I was looking for wasn't being sold there anyway. But wifey was more excited cos she saw some handbags that caught her fancy.

After browsing the handbag section for quite a while cos wifey has this habit of only buying a handbag if she came back to any particular bag that she liked more than three times. According to her, if a certain bag kept on calling her to look at it time and time again, then that was the bag for her ... LOL!

Well, she did end up with a new handbag that was going for a really dirt cheap price. It was a cool looking handbag too :D She also wanted to get a new wallet but didn't find anything that she liked. I can't really remember but we bought quite a few other things with the exception of my cell phone which was the main reason we went there anyway.

I eventually went later in the evening to one of the malls in town with my best buddy to get my cell phone cos he was on the hunt for a new cell also. I was glad he came along cos he's the king of haggling on prices and he got me the phone at a pretty good price. It was the Best Buy I made in quite a while :D

I wanted to post some pictures and talk more about my phone but that will have to wait cos my right arm is hurting so bad that I can't even fully straighten it. I have no idea what's wrong with it. All I know is this morning, after sending the boys to school, I was driving back and all of a sudden I felt this pull in my elbow and then this sharp muscle pull kinda pain kicked in which had me grimacing in pain. I actually had to struggle driving home.

But the strange thing is if I bend my elbow, the pain isn't so bad, it's just when I try to straighten it is when I yelp in pain. The pain is pretty bad too and if it doesn't go away in a day or so, wifey says she's going to drag me by the ears to the doctors!

All this typing and messing around with my new phone is not really helping the pain cos after typing when I try to straighten my arms, I feel like crying. We're supposed to go to Ikea later today but if the pain is still bad, I'm going to take a rain check.

Ok, I have to go rest cos it's really uncomfortable to use my laptop with this pain. I really, really hope it's just a pulled muscle and not something more serious. There goes my tennis game I have lined up againts Pete Sampras ... LOL!
.

16 comments:

  1. My handphone is worth less than RM50 I think...so it's just as ancient. But I am not a techie person so as long as the phone can still serve me well..there' no need to replace yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally the comment box appeared. Anyways, I want HTC phone too, wait I want a wifi phone T_T

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALAKAZAM!! hehehe...wish you had posted some pics here cause it's a really cool looking phone...!! Cheers bud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. did u keep yr old phone? :P keep for yr kids, sure it will become antique in another 50 years time :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. wahhhhhhhhhhhhh.. u got new phoneeee :) bila bole pinjam ni.. kasi pos raju please :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. You going IKEA later ka? ok laa.. i go stalk you and wifey there.. and if i see someone wearing stripes.. i'll go trip you la :p

    probably you pain is from your fall the last week.. better go check it out.. mebbe you had a hairline crack... but i'll still trip u la if i see u at Ikea.. beware ah..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mei Teng - Unfortunately I am a techie person ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maslight - Urmmm,my HTC got wifi and GPS lagi ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adrian - It is a cool phone buddy. When you gonna get yours? I checked out the GPS functions and it just might be right up your alley :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Xin - Actually I did. I'm planning to sell it for a million bucks in 50 years time, that is all assuming I live that long ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anny - Hahaha ... pinjam? Pos raju to you? After the post man take how?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think the pain is from that fall. It happened so suddenly today and it's getting worse. I shouldn't even be here typing but I'm a stubborn fellow ... LOL!

    Aiyooooooooo, you want to trip a cacat guy with one tangan in a sling ah? Evil!!! Evil!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Minta puji oh, I want a HTC! RAWR!

    ReplyDelete
  14. my cell phone is 4 years old now. is that old enough?

    i am like your wife too when it comes to hand bag. if i still like it after seeing it three times, i will buy it. the only different between me and your wife ( i think she doesnt do what i do), i will keep going to the handbag more than three times in a day. you get what i mean?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carol - I think mine was around that old too :D

    LOL! I think all women are the same when it comes to shopping ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on ANYTHING GOES!